Older Blog Posts

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lovely Life

Life is so wonderful.
In particular, I've never enjoyed fall more immensely than I have this year.
I've come to realize that it's the things that only come every once in a while that you enjoy the most. Concord grapes, for example. They're only in season during the fall, and they are heaven on earth. I've already gone through about 5 big containers of them on my own.
Inspiration is another example. I haven't written a song in over a year, and a few days ago inspiration spilled out onto paper, and I'm almost finished with a new song that I'm in love with. It's about my struggle with being purposefully forgotten by someone. I'll post it soon, when it's finished. In addition to that song.... is another song, a song about Jesus! I started this one back a few months ago and never finished it, and I've been feeling inspired to complete it, since I hate leaving anything incomplete.

Besides grapes and inspiration, I have been feeling myself growing in my relationship with God literally every day. This has just been an enormous time of growth, prosperity, and blessings, and I'm basking in every minute of it. I'm in a small group with CCF, and we're going through Ecclesiastes, a book that God has really been laying on my heart lately. I'm already learning a lot in it, and it's quickly becoming my favorite book of the Bible.
Finally, tonight was worship night at the k-life house, and I went. Apparently they have them once a semester, and I wish they had them more often because it was simply wonderful. It's inspired me to make a list of wonderful feelings. Here are a few:
1. Bringing a pet home for the first time
2. Waking up at 3 am and realizing you still have 5 hours left to sleep.
3. Tasting your first concord grape of the year
4. The first warm day of spring
5. Feeling sore after intense exercise
6. Worshipping as if no one else is there... just you, the Lord, and the music.
7. Your first kiss
8. Standing on the beaches of La Jolla, California as the sun is setting over the ocean.
9. Horseback riding
10. Being with all your favorite people at the same time.

Life is beautiful, and God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment