Older Blog Posts

Monday, September 19, 2011

Just Like You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cncEhCvrVgQ

This video made me a little sick to my stomach, because it is true. The truth is hardly ever pretty. The truth of the Gospel is beautiful, but for those who claim to walk with Jesus and yet don't bear good fruit, the truth is terrifying. If it's not terrifying now, it will be when they stand before God at the gate they will never enter into.

I know I walk with God, and I know that He knows my name, because He is constantly changing and morphing me according to His will. He opens my eyes a little wider every day to how important it is to die to myself, to lay at the feet of Jesus in recognition of how filthy I really am.
God is really working something big inside of me. I don't know what His plans are yet, but I feel an incredibly strong pull toward long-term missionary work.
During my senior year I developed a particular interest in India and the Hindu culture, and I don't know if God is going to develop that or not. I can only wait and pray. I feel so confused right now, but my calm sense of wonder outweighs it.

"I just wanna be like You,
walk like, talk like, even think like You;
The only one I could look to.
You're teaching me to be just like You."
-Lecrae

No comments:

Post a Comment