Older Blog Posts

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Plans Plans Plans

So here at good ol' Truman, we are required to compile a plan for the next four years of college, which is basically a detailed list of all the classes we plan to take for the degree we plan to graduate with.
I'll be honest and say that I think this is a dumb idea. I've only been on this planet for 18 glorified years, but I've been around long enough to know that any time you try to plan something out, it turns out that way, oh, maybe 2% of the time. Even when I plan events for the upcoming weekend they don't always work out the way I want them to. Since I have to make a list for the next four years, I decided to reflect back four years ago in my life. Needless to day, the changes are enormous. I wanted to be a horse vet, I was still into playing sports, I got straight A's, I wore underwear that came in packs... you get the idea. Nothing is the same anymore. I can't see four years into my future, but God can. In my mind it's pointless to plan my life out, because if it's not according to God's will, there's no chance of it ever happening.

There's my two cents for the day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment