Older Blog Posts

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Transforming a shirt into wall art

I am a frequent Goodwill shopper, and a while ago I found a shirt for $2.00 that was too cool to pass up. It was a Pro-life shirt with a super pretty design on it, but it was too tight on me. I bought it anyway because it was just too awesome not to. After about 6 months of hanging in my closet as eye-candy, I decided to get crafty with it. Here's the original shirt:


I started by cutting along the outer seam, around the design:


I eventually cut off the entire front of the shirt so that I could use the design on the front:


Next, I started fitting it onto an 11x14 canvas board...


until it was evenly stretched onto it. I used a hot glue gun to glue the fabric to the back of the canvas board.
The finished product, hung on my wall! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment