Older Blog Posts

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Look at Me

I finished my newest (and second ever) song. Some background first...
the song is Jesus singing to me about how my heart is torn between Him and a boy, and He wants me to fully give Him my heart.

Verse 1:
I clasp your hands across my chest
and watch the tears roll down your face.
The words you sing, you sing for me
But I can see it in your eyes-
That tiny glance in the other direction.

Verse 2:
I want to hold you but he's holding you back
With a pull so unassuming and kind.
And, you say you love me but it's plain enough to see
Your heart is still a step away from me.

Chorus:
I won't let go of you
No matter what your heart pulls you through.
When you lie weak and thirsty for love
Don't look at him,
Look at me

Verse 3:
Tiny heart
I hold in my outstretched hands,
Aching for a love you can see.
Look at my scars, see the depths of my heart;
The only love that matters is mine.

Chorus x2

No comments:

Post a Comment