Older Blog Posts

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Imma Freshman!

Update: I'm at Truman! I moved in about a week ago, reluctantly, mostly because I know how homesick I can become. I was really praying about it because the times I've spent away from home have always been miserable. :/
God is working something amazing in me... it makes me want to sing that song by Sanctus Real, called "Whatever You're Doing." It feels like chaos, but somehow there's peace. :) There's peace in knowing that God is by my side wherever I go, and I think that's what got me through this week.
That, and the fact that Truman keeps you so busy you don't have time to feel homesick. But God still gets all the credit.
Anyway, miraculously, I'm having the time of my life here without feeling homesick at all. I think the main thing was getting plugged into a Christian group the minute I got here. God is already putting amazing people in my life. I've met a ton of kids at a group called Campus Christian Fellowship, and I can't wait to immerse myself with people who really and truly love Jesus. I know I have a lot of growing to do, especially after what happened this summer. I need to get over it and grow through it, and that's one thing that really amazes me about God; He takes the gigantic mistakes we make and turns them into something beautiful. Everywhere I turn I'm astounded by how magnificent the works of His hands are.
However, in the midst of all these new and wonderful experiences, I am struggling right now. I covet the relationships possessed by people who are in love. I want so badly to be loved tangibly, as in a relationship with a boy. I'm constantly on the lookout for someone. Every once in a while it hits me that I'm being impatient, and not trusting in God's plan for me. There is someone, somewhere, and He knows who that is. Or maybe there is no one. Whatever God has in store for me is best, and I need to give my worries and fears of being alone over to Him. I even wrote a song concerning this about a year ago, about how I should desire God's love above all. I wish I could constantly remember it.
As for college, it's awesome. I am going to experience so so much in the next four years, and I can't stinking wait. Right now I'm majoring in biology, and I'd like to minor in religion and philosophy. That kind of stuff totally fascinates me. We'll see though, maybe God has something different in mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment