Older Blog Posts

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Get Out and Grow Up

Growing up is hard, and yet there's no other feeling in the world that can compare to it.
I'm home for winter break, finished with my first semester of college, and for the past couple of days all I've been doing is sitting back and reflecting on life, and what it means to grow up. Today, after church, one of my friends came over to say hey, and during the conversation he caught me off guard; "You seem different," he commented. I laughed a little, smiled and asked him, "How?"
"I don't know, you just have a different energy. You seem in a more 'sit back and contemplate the world' type mood." It was put roughly, but I've been thinking about it all day and it's struck me how right he is, and what exactly that means.
My life is shifting. It's not only because of college, but I just feel myself drifting away from people I once adored, my attitude toward the world, and just how exactly I define myself.
Life is so incredibly dynamic, and I love it.
All of this change is so good - it's an opportunity to turn the page, to purge myself from the things that bothered me, to get away from the people I couldn't stand, to learn how to survive without my parents, to let Jesus take me and cultivate me into the servant He intends for me to be, to start living without the help of other people.
I read a quote that said "Life starts outside of your comfort zone." Amen to that! I've been kicked out of my comfort zone, and I love it! Bring it on, life!

“I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime – until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.” -Isaiah 46:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment