Older Blog Posts

Friday, January 21, 2011

March For Life

I've been presented with an amazing opportunity!
The March for Life is coming up on January 24, and I wanted to go with the Teens for Life group at my school that I'm a member of, but my Italy and Taiwan trips are this summer and I couldn't afford to shell out another $400.
The campus ministry director at my school, Pastor Clausing, called me into his office before winter break to tell me that he had really great news. I honestly had no inkling of what he was about to tell me. He told me that the organization that helped us to go on this trip every year was giving out full ride scholarships to students who wanted to go on the trip but couldn't afford it, and he wanted to know if I would like to take the offer and go for free. I was completely shocked, that's 2 plane tickets, and all my other expenses, even food, paid for. The first thing I said in reply was, "Wow... God must really want me to go on this trip."
So, I'm leaving tomorrow morning to go on the March for Life in Washington D.C., and I won't be back until Tuesday the 25th!! I'm taking this whole thing as something God intends for me to experience, since this scholarship is an obvious work of His hands. I can't want to be changed by this and become even more Pro-Life than I already am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment