Older Blog Posts

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I Heart Taylor Guitars!

So I've been on the lookout for a new guitar, since I needed one with a pick-up and the Washburn didn't have one. My dad told me we couldn't afford anything nice, (aka the Taylor guitars I was in love with) so I was trying to be happy with just the Washburn. I came close to buying it and just installing a pick-up, but my dad kept calling me to the computer to show me these Taylors on Craigslist, which made me really frustrated and angry. If I couldn't get one, he needed to stop showing them to me. He even took me to Fazio's, where I fell completely and utterly in love with a Taylor 214e, and he told me we couldn't buy it. I went home again, played the Washburn, and it sounded like a child's ukelele compared to the Taylor...
After a week or so of moping about it, dad called me to the computer to show me, yet again, a Taylor. This one was a 210e, and dad said he's already called the guy about it. He had bought it brand new a year ago for $1000, and was selling it for $585. I knew it was going to be another let down, so I brushed it off, until a couple of days later when my dad asked me if I wanted to go and try it out. Long story short, I went, played it, and fell in love. My dad bought it for me, for my birthday. It's simply beautiful and sounds magnificent, and I can't believe it's actually mine! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment